Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Making the most out of a good deal

I posted about the Kraft Velveeta Shells and Cheese deal this week at Meijer
Velveeta Shells and Cheese Cubs $1.19
Use B1G1 Free from 8/9 SS
Stack with the $1/2 Meijer coupon
Final price will be $.19 but you will get $1 Catalina so a $.81 money maker
(Only 1 Catalina will print per order so if buying more then 2 do separate orders also give them the B1G1 free coupon first then the $1/2)

I try and take advantage of good deals when they come around if I can. This deal only cost me $.19 each time but I get a $1 Catalina to spend on anything else I need like meat or fruit...
Once I was done with my 20 orders I had
Spend $3.80 OOP (out of pocket)
Received 40 Kraft Cups and $20 in Catalina's
That left me a $16.20 money maker

I know not every one buys 20 papers but if you want to take advantage of great deals like this and to stockpile items you will use, you should be buying at least 3-6 papers a week if you can. Here is a good article on stockpiles from Sharpenyourscissors. And below is a copy of my receipt and what the $1 Catalina looks like.

Courtney



4 comments:

  1. Yup, I buy 6 papers and then if I am lucky I can find a few more at Starbucks on Sundays! Thanks, can't wait for this deal to start here in Illinois. I have TONS Of those coupons!

    do you know how long the $1 catalina will print, what are the dates? I recall seeing them awhile back? Oh well....love your blog, as usual!! :) PLD

    ReplyDelete
  2. the catalinas will print till 9/7 but it is not a sale so you don't have to wait. I think other Meijer stores have it for $1 so you might find a even better deal. Also at least in Mi they did not charge tax on this item. Thanks for the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using the Kraft Easy Mac MB Q for this...? Or what exactly? I don't see a MB Q for the items in your pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that is the Brocklie then I tried that today since they where out of the other stuff and it also worked. As long as it is Velveeta I think you should be fine

    ReplyDelete